Saturday, 26 September 2026

Breath of the Wild #66: Gourmet Meat Stew

 Ingredients: Raw Gourmet Meat, Goat Butter, Fresh Milk, Tabantha Wheat

Description: "The meat has simmered for so long it melts in your mouth. A true bucket-list meal!."


Going all out again for the gourmet, our meats are venison AND turkey thigh. Then we have the ingredients to make that bechamel sauce again. And since there seems to be other chunks in there, we've got some onions and a sweet potato.


I'll start cooking the venison in butter while I prep everything else, this will probably need the longest to cook if we want it reasonably tender.


Wow it shrinks a bit! Still, good sized meaty lean chunks in there. Now we can start the stew.


I'll cut the sweet potato and onion into pretty big chunks.


Ah right, the "stock"! Ive got a bunch of leftover pastes and sauces in the fridge already, so i've grabbed a selection that I think will complement the dark meats. Beef stock, celery salt, tomato & chilli pasta sauce, and concentrated umami paste (made from tomato and mushroom?).


that can all go in with some hot water.


And that turkey thigh... well... its already pre-cooked actually so we can just sort of... just place it on top? I guess?


We can't do all that and half-ass things, so ill let this simmer for a full hour!


Time to make that sauce again... I swear it feels different every time.. 


Looks good!


And in it goes!


*****

It really does melt in your mouth! The turkey melted right off the bone already, and the venison is sooo tender too. The broth is soo rich and buttery. I guess I could have put the sweet potato in a bit later, its quite different from regular potatoes i guess and gets a little bit too melty after that long. Gourmet, decadent even.

No comments:

Post a Comment