Saturday, 29 August 2026

Breath of the Wild #59: Prime Poultry Curry

Ingredients: Raw Bird Thigh, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice

Description: "The secret to this curry's flavor is taking it off the heat while you add the spices."


Middle curry! I've got bird thighs, and the graphic also had drumsticks so ill do a couple drumsticks as well. Ugh, effort. I wanted to mix it up from the indian curries a bit and use this thai style penang paste that I really like.


I forgot what I put in the rice last time... im adding turmeric to make it yellow, a bit of salt and garam masala. Swish it around and steam it. 


Since its prime, and im making a stewed curry, lets throw in a couple veg. I've got onions, coriander and some water chestnuts too!


I started browning the chopped thighs and a couple whole drumsticks, and then added the onions and a bit of water too.


Once they are looking a bit more cooked I throw in the water chestnuts, and a few tablespoons of that curry paste... I know it says to "take it off the heat when adding spices" but we're about to add some cold liquid, much the same if you ask me.


And chase it up with the coconut milk. We can add more curry paste if its looking a bit pale.


Once thats had a good while on the heat ill throw in the chopped coriander, I also have chopped chives for the garnish.


Here's the mixed up rice, looking good and yellow.


*****

Can't fault the flavour, it's so good! I have no idea why i tried to eat this with chopsticks though, off a plate, look at it. Silly. Anyway yeah its really good I would make it again, but skip the bone-in meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment