Thursday, 13 August 2026

Breath of the Wild #55: Meat Curry

Ingredients: Raw Meat, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice

Description: "The heat from the spice allows you to enjoy the large portion of the meat's savoriness."  


One thing about this game... lots of curries. Being the most basic of the meat curries, I thought i'd try to go the most basic of the basic. Just simple, cheap meat (diced pork), basmati rice, and one of the most cheap and basic curry sauces around here, the mild and popular korma!


Wow huh this meat is a bit cheap huh. I maybe should have drained the extra liquid as its kind added a bit of meat "fluff". I'm cooking it with a tbsp of butter. It's indeed very lean but hopefully stewing it in the curry should soften it a bit?


It's only meat, but half a jar of sauce should be plenty.


Rice looks good at least!


Oh! and we can add a bit of this pineapple relish and the seaweed salt as a nice garnish. This might add significant much-needed flavour.


**

Hmm, yeah, I don't know why I did this. Nobody forced me to get cheap ingredients and not add anything else. The curry sauce is blander than I expected, and the meat is quite tough and dry. I guess its an all-round perfectly edible meal, but the bar has been set for curries and this one... it's a little embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment