Sunday, 9 August 2026

Breath of the Wild #54: Vegetable Curry

Ingredients: Any Carrot or Any Pumpkin, Hylian Rice, Goron Spice

Description: "This healthy curry is popular for its mild flavor and moderate spiciness." 


I thought i'd try another curry paste I bought to mix things up a bit. It's another thai style yellow curry type. Just thought this would go nicely with veg. I've already given the "pumpkin" (butternut squash) a bit of baking in the oven to soften it up, and then we've got a big onion, courgette, tomatoes, and some chives. Oh and not pictured is some jasmine rice in the steamer.


First I'll fry the onions, medium sized chunks I guess i'd call that, in a tiny bit of veg oil.


I want to have some vegetables on the top like in the graphic, so ill chop some bigger and some smaller pieces, and take a few out once they've cooked in the pan before adding the curry.


Same deal with the tomatoes.


And the pumpkin, I guess just half of the thing will be plenty, cutting off the peel and chopping it into cubes, with some half-ring slices for the top.


Hello yello! I guess this is designed for chicken but... well, you gotta try stuff.


In goes the whole thingy of curry paste and a can of coconut milk. It says use half a can and hot water but I don't want half a can sitting in my fridge... very thoughtful of me I know.


Then I leave that to stew for a while, looks good enough to eat. Oh, I will serve it with rice and sprinkle the chopped chives on top.


****

Mild and creamy yet with a subtle spicy aftertaste. The vegetables on top don't really add anything, I guess if I did this again without the oddly specific vegetable choices i'd have used some more fitting ingredients, like... coriander and bamboo shoots or something. The tomato goes surprisingly well though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment