Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Breath of the Wild #53: Curry Rice

 Ingredients: Hylian Rice, Goron Spice

Description: "A favorite all over Hyrule, this simple dish has a flavor you just won't get tired of."


A favourite to me too, is the classic japanese stewed curry. There's about to be a looooot of curry recipes, but this ones supposedly just rice and spice... im at least going to use some chunky vegetables though! 


The rice is already steaming away, I got some japanese short-grain rice again. Might as well go all out.


I'll start off by browning the onions a bit in the bottom of the pot with some cooking oil.


That won't take long, so lets quicky get everything else chopped, the potato chunks will need a good while to soften. Im coming down with some sort of flu so im very tired today, i want to relax and have dinner asap! At least this is nice and easy.


I use half the packet of curry blocks with the recommended 660ml  of hot water!


And quickly chop the carrots to put them in straight after.


Try not to doze off on the sofa while I wait... this will fix me though!


When its nearly ready we can plate up the rice and add a little extra flair! I have some seaweed & salt seasoning for the rice, and its traditional to have a little bit of pickles on the side, but I don't have any, just this jar of chilli pineapple relish.. I think that will go well!


*****

I'm often coming back to this simple recipe (well, instant curry) because its such a banger! I think each curry has a different strength, some go well with seafood or lamb... this one's strength I think is vegetables. Sure it goes well with most meats, but it really brings out the best in those carrots and potatoes. The relish added a nice sweet and spicy kick as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment