Monday 25 April 2011

Bolognese a la sister

Mode: 6 Player
Hardware: Pans
Accessories: Flavoured Water or something.

I was on holiday in Devon and Cornwall for just over a week! Hence, quiet times. I brought back a few treasured memories for you all, including one recipe courtesy of my little sister, where I assisted in chopping things and making unnecessary noise. Now I have to try and remember what on earth we did like, a week ago...


So we had in it, um, mince, 3 small red onions, 1 whole garlic, 1 and a half peppers, half a leek, jalapenos, olives, 1 chilli pepper, and rocket and parmesan to garnish.


HOLY SHIT look at the size of THIS PAN. It's LAAAAAAAAARGE. You could fit all of the establishment formerly known as East Devon College in this pan. But instead there is the mince and red onions.


Here twee has added, like, ok I don't even remember. (maybe I can update this later) but presumeably some tomato concentrate, cider vinegar, mediterranian spice mix, and some other things...?


Here is spaghetti in a spaghetti pan with water.


This is my handywork. It's been leeked on the internet!


Olives eeeeugh. Fun fact, I don't like olives. They make me nauseous. I will be picking mine out and putting them on other people's plates.


So heres all the vegetables, put in the pan in order of basic cookitude. Something you learn with practice, onions and meat tend to take longest to cook, and hard vegetables like carrots and pepper, and then soft or precooked vegetables like corn, peas and cucumber go in last.


Here it is on my plate with some parmesan and rocket.


Here is an empty plate to carefully illustrate the deliciousness of the food causing me to eat it.


Even our vegetarian family members are catered for.


I spent the rest of the holiday CHILLAAAAXING and doing nothing productive at all.
Yes that is a degu in a homer simpson slipper. It's hilarious it always looks like homer is eating or barfing her.

Retro Review: I'm pretty sure it was really good, though whatever the chilli pepper we used it was very noticeable when you got a bit of it! 8| ****

No comments:

Post a Comment