Friday 1 April 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #4: Sweet Fried Egg

AKA Tamagoyaki. This is just like a simple Japanese rolled omelette recipe, often used for bento and such.

Break an egg!

The game says 3, to be precise. That's usually a good number for an omelette IMO.

Beat an egg!

no one wants to be defeated~

Add the ingredients!

Here we add unspecified amounts of sugar, soy sauce and mirin. I have chinese rice wine but same dif probably idk time to find out. I feel like about a teaspoon of each is probably right. What could go wrong?

Pan-fry!

OK so ALSO the other thing im about to do wrong is that I don't own a square pan. So we're just gonna try and roll a round one WCGW. Apart from it being brown and foamy.

Finish!


****
LMFAO ok so perhaps I should have used light soy sauce and not dark soy sauce for one thing. I served it (on my ugliest plate) with some japanese pickles. Despite its non-optimum appearance though, this really hit the spot today. Smashed it. The spot has been obliterated. The combination of nicely enhanced fried egg flavour and sour pickles worked so well. Would definitely fumble again.

No comments:

Post a Comment