Monday 4 April 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #5: Fried Chicken

Time to make fried chicken AKA Karaage. 

Slice up!

Pack of chicken thighs sliced into cubes... or cube-ish.

Grate!

Grated some ginger I think about a tablespoon-ish

Add the ingredients!

We're adding the ginger, sesame oil, cooking wine and soy sauce. I'm using the light soy sauce this time ok!!!

Knead!

Gonna use a spoon for this actually, do you have any idea how much I have to wash my hands to take a picture each step of the damn way.

Coat!

I don't have potato starch so I'm rolling these in a mixture of corn starch and plain flour. Why both? I don't know I just happen to have both.

Deep fry!

Sorry I'm stingy with the oil sorry it just feels weird to use so much.

Finish!


****

Aww hell yeah the business! I wanted to pad it out a bit to a more rounded meal so I made a little stir fry with rice noodles and cabbage to serve with it. This wasn't like some luxury super crunchy battered chicken (esp since I didnt have the right starch) but a very nice basic crispy dark meat chicken. Also keeps it pretty economical for a fried meat dish. Goes best with a sweet and spicy dip. Bonus: my kitchen now smells like a fried chicken takeout mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment