Tuesday 17 May 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #15: Pork Cutlet

Tonkatsu, not to be confused with tonkotsu. Who would ever do that ha ha (me i would)

Tenderize the meat!

Guess who went and bought themselves a premium bonker just the other day!! I can beat my meat in style.

Remove tendon!

Still dunno what im doing with this tendon stuff, but I might as well remove some of the larger fatty chunks since im here.

Coat various foods!

I don't know why this is called "coat various foods" but yeah flour and egg.

Roll in the coating!

Coated in panko breadcrumbs. 

Deep fry!

Yes that's right I have a proper deep fryer now!!! It's just a mini one though so im folding it up atrociously to fit it in. Crimes but who cares cause ill chop it up at the end anyway. 

Arrange the plate!

This isn't even on the options again but I already had some broccoli to use up so we're doing tenderstem broccoli.

Finish


**** 

Delicious! I followed the fryer's instructions for how long to cook it and I think it was too long honestly, the pork seemed a little overcooked. Better than undercooked though. The panko coating was fantastic. I know tonkatsu has its own special sauce that's sorta like brown sauce, but I had it with some of the takoyaki sauce and kewpie mayo from the takoyaki night and that pairs pretty well too I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment