Tuesday 5 July 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #38: Stuffed Peppers

 Apparently in Japanese this is "piiman no nikuzume". Hehe piiman. Adorable.

Slice up!

From what I can tell, this recipe actually uses a Japanese variant of bell peppers that's a bit smaller. I cant get those but I thought for a bit of fun instead of buying bell peppers, I found some Spanish Padron peppers. They're a lot smaller but they're mild, bitter and good for frying.

Slice up!

But mama, i dont know if i CAN (*canned laughter*)

Slice!

Sliced them smaller

Chop up!

EVEN SMALLER

Chop up!

getting low on my supply of chopped frozen spring onion

Add the ingredients!

This didn't specify what kind of mince, so I bought a pork + beef mixed mince because its nice. Mixed everything together with cooking sake, soy sauce and salt.

Knead!

The frozen spring onions make my fimgers so colb

Stuff with meat!

stuffing the piiman! this might take a while.

Cook amount told!

Wait, we're frying these?? That threw me off. I really thought we'd grill them or something. We fry them with a pan lid on and hope they cook through. (spoiler: they did)

Finish!

***

Surprisingly moreish. The distinctive flavours of the meat and bamboo shoots go really nicely together and I don't mind the bitter aftertaste of the green peppers. They make for a fun finger food with these smaller peppers and would be great at a buffet or in a lunchbox with some rice. Next time I would still grill/oven cook them though, then you can do them all at once and they'd be less wet and oily.

No comments:

Post a Comment