Monday 18 July 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #41: Shrimp Tempura

The langoustines are back! well I only used half of them for the fried prawns recipe #32.

Peel the shrimp!

how i spend my afternoons, netflix & krill

Separate the yolk!

Mums here again! She's way better at separating the yolk. Look at that.

Make batter!

We don't have the specialty tempura batter for this one, we're using mamas proper recipe which is egg yolk, plain flour, and cold water.

Batter!

Here she is dipping the not-shrimp. What am i doing? slacking off? Nuh!!! I'm prepping the deep fryer!

Deep fry!

You didn't see recipe #50 in the corner... look into this device... (flash)

Finish!

***

Maybe I undercooked these a bit, or maybe it'd have been better with proper tempura flour.. but these weren't quite as crispy as I hoped. Or maybe the breadcrumb just works better with this type of meat. Still nice though!

No comments:

Post a Comment