Friday 5 July 2024

Stardew Valley #80: Squid Ink Ravioli

Ingredients: Squid Ink, Wheat Flour, Tomato

Item Description: Temporarily protects from debuffs.


We have squid ink! Well cuttlefish ink, basically the same. We have tomato in liquid form. I also didn't want to make my own ravioli, so I decided to get some. There was somewhat limited options of flavours, so I just had to follow my heart on what I thought might be acceptable to pair with seafood flavours. 


First lets make a strong start, frying up some garlic in olive oil. Is 3 cloves too much? Who cares, garlic.


While it burns browns I will decide on a bit of seasoning, ive got lemon pepper and chilli flakes. Probably best to put these in later but ill probably forget so maybe now is ok. Cooking.


Damn this ink is thicker than I thought! I don't know what I expected, but its a full on paste. I will just put enough in to make it black. We've also got tomato passata and white wine in now. A classic seafood pasta flavour imo.


Now we just gotta cook this pasta, very fast just 4 mins. Yeah sorry my hob is dirty needs a clean again, always needs a clean.


Meanwhile yep! Well it looks quite grey in the photo because its blown out, looks darker irl. It's already got a great consistency thanks to the ingredients so its ready to go.


Don't forget to drain the water out the ravioli. 


And geeeeeeently stir in the sauce, trying not to break the raviolis.


****

It's overpoweringly garlicky! Very zingy, very nice. The black colour makes it hard for my brain to process the tomato flavour. Its very pleasant. The squash and cheese filling is ok, but something like crayfish or pork might have been even better. With the power of the garlic, im not sure if the ink adds any subtle flavour of its own. But I have a ton of it left, maybe I should make a paella with it? Oh and does it protect from debuffs? Well its full of allicin and vitamin C, so... yeah...?

No comments:

Post a Comment