Tuesday 2 July 2024

Stardew Valley #79: Tropical Curry

Ingredients: Coconut, Pineapple, Hot Pepper

Item Description: An exotic, fragrant curry served in a pineapple bowl.


Soo, this is the recipe I'm most excited for on this entire list. I love a thai style curry, I love sweet and sour, and I love the aesthetics of fruit. I've got a pineapple (which I got free with a voucher!), some massaman curry paste, coconut milk, hot pepper, bell pepper, spring onion, bamboo shoot, prawns, coriander, and jasmine rice.


I had to figure out how to get into this sewn up cloth bag lol... shove some rice in the steamer while we make everything else.


I already had some chopped vegetables from my freezer but I wanted to chop these up a bit more. And the chilli too.


Thats the spring onion, bell pepper, hot pepper and bamboo shoots. I want to try and get this to brown a bit in the pan before we fill it with sauce.


Now!!! Intimidating part... I've never cut a pineapple before, especially not into a bowl shape! It smells nice and ripe so that's a good start.


Whoa... that actually went well. I just cut around the insides and dug under it with a spoon, and then scraped out the rest. Just like a pumpkin, maybe even easier? Is this going to be watertight enough?


I read somewhere that you cut out the hard middle part, so I did that. slice up the soft bits and im just going to put some of it, about 1/3 of 1/2 of the pineapple in with those veggies I was browning.


I don't think these will ever get that crispy but they are looking nicely cooked, and just BEHOLD how tropical this already looks. 


Time to put in half the jar of curry and the whole can of coconut milk... and TRY NOT TO SPILL ANY OF IT DOWN THE SIDE WHICH YOULL HAVE TO CLEAN UP LATER WHEN THE HOB IS COOLED DOWN AND ITS COOKED ONTO THE SURFACE


The prawns are pre-cooked so we can put these in near the end after letting the curry stew for a little while.


And the chopped coriander too, and cook till its heated up again after dumping in all those frozen prawns.


I wasn't sure how to present the rice, but... there's actually quite a lot of space in this pineapple, so we can totally just line the bottom with it, might help keep it watertight as well.


Fruity curry is looking done, time to grab the ladle.


*****

It's divine! It was everything I hoped it would be. Fun to prepare and easier than I expected. Sweet and tangy but not overpoweringly pineapple-y, a good kick of heat but you could also taste the hints of clove and cardamom from the curry sauce. "Exotic and fragrant" for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment