Saturday 29 June 2024

Stardew Valley #78: Poi

Ingredients: Taro Root

Item Description: A traditional food with a delicate, sweet flavor when eaten fresh.


I have no idea where to get a reasonably priced fresh taro root (or powder) in the uk but GUESS WHAT i did find in some grocery store?? YES BOI its some taro flavoured jelly. I've never had anything like this before and its taro flavoured, so I think it will have to do.


All we needs to do is simply follow the instructions on the back.


The powder looked off-white at first, but as soon as it hits the hot water that distinctive purpleish colour appears!


We just gotta stir and stir until all the lumps are dissolved, which is hard to see because its opaque.


Then its going in bowls, cooling at room temperature and then going in the fridge overnight. 


*****

I love it! I know this isn't real Poi, but if it's anything like this I get the appeal. It's got this playful, cookie-ish flavour with a sort of medicinal aftertaste like a root beer. I'm that one british freak who actually likes root beer. It's also smooth, creamy and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment