Saturday 1 June 2024

Stardew Valley #67: Poppyseed Muffin

Ingredients: Poppy, Wheat Flour, Sugar

Item Description: It has a soothing effect.


Muffins! I looked up a typical recipe and im copying that prettymuch. We got our poppyseeds, we got flour and sugar, we got all that other.. cake stuff.


gotta sieve the flour, are you even baking if you havent lightly dusted the whole kitchen?


All the dry stuff together: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, a hint of salt, and im adding slightly more poppyseeds than the recipe recommends, because what else am I going to do with this bag of poppyseeds? Lets make the poppyseediest muffin we can. I want to fail a drug test for opiates.


In go the wets... to me a muffin means vegetable oil whereas cupcakes are butter. Did I make that up? This recipe had butter and milk, but im cutting the butter with 1/2 oil. in goes that melted butter and oil and milk, and 1 egg.


Lastly, most people tend to add a secondary flavour, and its typically lemon. Sounds good! I'm adding in both some lemon juice and some grated zest as well.


Batters all mixed up, looks good.


Got some cute cupcake liners for extra swag.


First batch goes in the oven for like 15min. Good thing I definitely... remembered... to heat the oven...


This first batch looks promising, but they're actually kind of small, I should put more batter in the next ones so that they can puff up out of the case. Like a mushroom that actually tastes good.


****

Nice! Light and zesty. I don't really know if poppy seeds alter the flavour much or if that's just the lemon zest... I don't make plain lemon muffins very much. These had a nice crispy outer layer and a fluffy inside. Now I have like 2 dozen of these fuckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment