Sunday 16 June 2024

Stardew Valley #73: Crab Cakes

Ingredients: Crab, Wheat Flour, Egg, Oil

Item Description: Crab, bread crumbs, and egg formed into patties then fried to a golden brown.


Got some tinned lump crab. Apparantly that's the good stuff. It's not a lot though...? It never is... time to fill it out with a lot of other stuff. We've got breadcrumbs, spring onion, coriander, eggs and a chilli.


I want these flavourful vegetables chopped nice and fine, so im gonna use my blender. Will I turn it into sauce? Time to find out. Also just using half a chilli, because i don't trust ill have a lot of mince overall.


We've already got the nice colourful crumbly appearance we want! And we haven't even added the main ingredients!


In goes the crabmeat, an egg, and PLENTY of breadcrumbs to pad this out.


Why not some spices too? I'm feeling celery salt and paprika for this.


Oh! and maybe some lemon juice? adding that in as we mix it all up gently and then shape it into patties with my hands. My poor cold hands. No summer weather here this week either.


OK so far this has been a total breeze, and these are looking good as well! Frying them up with a good puddle of oil. Thought about using my deep fryer, but if this is gonna work then lets just do it.


Oops these are looking quite toasty on one side already. I hope they are cooking through OK.


*****

Well well well, don't these look good! They taste great as well, but especially because I had them with a swedish dill and mustard sauce. I'm not one to get excited about fish cakes or fritters, but there's something about making them yourself that makes em that much more appealing. It was such a quick and easy recipe as well! You could lure Elliott to your farm with these no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment