Friday 9 December 2022

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #18: Shroom Cake

 Shroom Cake is made with SUPER SHROOM SHAKE and CAKE MIX


Mushroom cake? Looks like another job for the GALOOMBA LOOPHOLE (galoomphole?) which is what I now call replacing mushroom with chestnut for dessert recipes. I'm going to do a basic cake recipe, add chestnut puree, vanilla essence, a bit of spice (cinnamon and nutmeg) and also a banana because I seem to have a single black banana that I forgot to eat. And then we're going to make some maple buttercream frosting for the icing. Phew!

behold the wets


behold the dries

A good-smelling sludge, with a surprisingly light consistency


Now we have to let it cool for ages


Mum mixed up the icing which is looking fantastic... meanwhile on cutting the cake I discovered that it's surpsiingly undercooked in the middle, even though it seemed fine when I gave it the skewer test...


BUT WAIT you didn't think i'd forget the mushrooms did you? Here we go! We made some marzipan mushrooms (with cocoa dust colouring) to go on top.


Umm yeah this looks rad


****
OK so it was still quite undercooked in the middle, and it mostly tasted like spiced banana cake and maple frosting. Which is really tasty in my book so no problems there. Also I know my sqonky cutting and photographs aint shit but im really pleased with the presentation and just how... shroom cake-y it looks. Proper casual cake to have with a cuppa.

No comments:

Post a Comment