Tuesday 13 December 2022

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #19: Chocolate Cake

 Chocolate Cake is made from MILD COCOA BEAN and CAKE MIX


So to me this thumbnail seems more like a chocolate pie than a cake, so I'm going to switch it up and make an easy little pie/tart with pre-rolled pastry. Also because of the sheer density of cakes and pies ive got lined up, im going to attempt to make a wee little half-sized recipe. 


This is my smallest pan, still kinda big but it might just have to be a flatty pie then.


Oh right, this is a no cook filling so according to the internet I need to blind bake the crust. I don't have baking beans though so I dunno, maybe this will do?


Not paul hollywood appoved but itll do


Now for the more fun part! Melting some butter, cream and chocolate together. Tragically this is going to come out way better and more actually solid than the chocolate "bars" from earlier I reckon.


There's the goop in the pie! Then we just leave it in the fridge for half a day and we can enjoy.





***

The pastry was really dry and flaky, but the chocolate filling was nice and as you can see its set perfectly. A very pleasant chocolate tart that hits the spot and I'd even be happy if i bought this at a bakery for lunch. But as far as pies go its not really a showstopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment