Saturday 14 January 2023

Super Paper Mario: Saffron & Dyllis Super Show #20: Mousse

 Mousse is made of CAKE MIX and BIG EGG


BUT i don't really want the hassle of making 2 types of mousse from scratch so im going to buy some powdered instant mousse and mix it with milk. Just pretend there's egg in there instead of some commercial gelling agent idk.


Put 300ml milk + powder mix in a measuring bowl for easy pouring. Then im putting it in my bigger bowl in the cake mixer because its probably gonna get messy.


Is this thick enough? I don't know. Doesn't seem like it'll stay in layers but we'll do one at a time and fridge them and find out.


Strawberrys done too.


I've layered it into a small variety of vessels including a wine glass in case it wont come out as a solid. It kinda looks like it actually is though, its layering and firming up really well!



****
Not exactly tidy but I didn't even expect it to stay together as well as it did! Else maybe I could have used clingfilm or parchment to slide it out of a container effectively. Flavourwise I find this stuff quite pleasant, but I don't think they go especially well together, i think id have preferred just the butterscotch mousse with some other kind of toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment