Tuesday 7 May 2024

Stardew Valley #61: Fruit Salad

Ingredients: Blueberry, Melon, Apricot

Item Description: A delicious combination of summer fruits.


It's mid-spring, but we've managed to procure this unusual trio of fruits in some form or another. I think it will be... adequate.


First we chop the melon and scoop out the seeds. I will probably only need.. like a quarter or something to balance with the other fruits. I'll dice up a whole half though and snack on the rest some other time.


Here's a staged action shot of my melon slicing technique!


Now to inspect the apricots. I'm not sure I could even find these fresh locally in the height of summer, but these are super convenient, they'll be perfectly ripe AND they come with a free juice that we can use as the "dressing" for our fruit salad.


I'm gonna chop these up a bit smaller. Maybe I just like chopping things..?


Then we can just shove all the fruit together! And add the juice from the can. You can also use lemon juice, orange juice, rum, sugar syrup, whatever... but I think the canned juice will probably be wet and acidic enough. There's plenty of fruit so I'm making 1 for now and 1 for later.


Hmm, blueberries and melon are quite subtle and a lot of general recipes recommend adding an extra sweetness, so i'm going to drizzle just a little bit of syrup as well and mix it all up!


****

Tasty! This is not a combination of fruit I would have though of myself, so I appreciate the inspiration to try it out. This is what I get for buying summer fruit in spring i suppose, but the melon was quite bland, possibly under-ripe, (and fresh blueberries typically are bland in my experience). So having the unique strong flavour of the apricots and the extra kick of sweetness really matched well. Plus everything was crisp and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment