Saturday 11 May 2024

Stardew Valley #62: Blackberry Cobbler

Ingredients: Blackberry, Sugar, Wheat Flour

Item Description: There's nothing quite like it.



What's the difference between a pie and a cobbler? Nothing actually, I looked it up. Most people think a cobbler has like a batter drop topping, but thats not definitively a cobbler apparantly. Anyway the sprite for this has a kind of weird stripey half-lattice, and I have a bunch of leftover pastry, so you see where this is going.


Bought another pastry base. It's just so much better than what I can do. Look at that machine precision.


Gotta weed out the mouldy berries unfortunately. Guess i should have done this earlier in the week.


Now its probably good to turn this into a bit more of a pie filling... recipes seem to recommend adding milk for some reason... sugar for extra sweetness, flour to stop it being too wet, and I'm adding some orange essence to add a little secondary flavour.


I tried to learn my lesson from that blueberry pie, but perhaps we've gone a bit far in the opposite direction? Should we have done more milk and flour? Ah well, I don't really want to.


Right here's our leftover pastry. Its probably still good.


Alright this is what the sprite looks like, you think im just too lazy to make a proper lattice? Don't judge me. Anyway time to bake it.

****

OK judge me a little bit I let this pie look so bare. But you know what?


Bit of ice cream, and it's perfect. Perfect!! I love the tart blackberries with the orange essence coming through and the sweet crust. I had a scoop of sesame and honey flavoured ice cream btw. Granted anything fruity tastes good on a hot day like today. Great combination, would use more filling next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment