Tuesday 14 May 2024

Stardew Valley #63: Cranberry Candy

Ingredients: Cranberries, Apple, Sugar

Item Description: It's sweet enough to mask the bitter fruit.


Cranberries, Apple, Sugar. It really is just that! And I'm going to attempt to use my juicer attachment for my multi blender thing. I've never used it before. I've never even made a juice before. This will be educational.


Stop me if im wrong, or dont actually because this is probably still a good idea, but I believe you should always cook cranberries if you plan to eat them? I dunno why though, but it should make them tender and easier to juice anyway so lets.


Oops that was fast! In my mind cranberries are hard and I expect them to take ages, like beans... but they do not take long. It also looks like they really spilled their guts into the water, so we should probably keep all that liquid for our juice.


Hey, while its all hot, maybe this is a good time to add the sugar? I'm just going to eyeball it, i kinda want to add less sugar than they typically do in commercial beverages, but its called "cranberry candy" not "cranberry torture" so probably a generous amount.


After leaving it to cool for a few hours, its ready to go into the juicer! It looks like im using this correctly, and we're already seeing some nice filtration results before we've even done anything.


Now we can add the other ingredient, a couple raw apples! Im cutting them into thin slices so that they can reach the blade at the bottom and get blended into the drink.


Look at that! It's really quite thick, I guess we could have added more water... but... ive already filled this jug. Smoothie it is.


And theres a few chunks left that wouldn't filter through. I guess its all technically edible. It looks like tomato sauce. This would make a wretched pasta dish. I guess I should just eat it later (not with pasta).


****

Wow I think I did well! The apple really rounds out the flavour and it's sweet and bitter, but not overwhelmingly so. There's not a lot I can do with cranberries that makes them especially desirable to me, but you know what? This is probably the best thing I can think of. I think I like this better than store bought cranberry juice. Also it feels like I've gotten 6 of my 5-a-day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment