Thursday 10 March 2011

10 reasons why you should by a steamer

Today I am cooking burgers. No I'm not going to show you photos of my making BURGERS. Come on, man. Beef. Bun. Extras. I checked my reader stats and none of my audience is from A REMOTE CAVE ON THE MOON.

But instead of frying or grilling these burgers, I'm going to steam them. And so here's a list of reasons why you should seriously consider getting your nerdy earthling ass a STEAMER.

Here is a steamer. I am relatively sure that TEFAL will not mind me using their images in order to basically advertise their products for no reason. Could I be wrong?

1) You can cook basically anything that doesn't benefit from being dry. Meat, seafood, vegetables, rice, pasta, leftovers... etc.

2) YOU CAN'T RUIN ANYTHING. You literally can't burn your rice or turn your chicken fillets into a tiny chunk of chickeny rubber even if you got a new zelda game and 2 hours suddenly dissappeared into oblivion. If it runs out of water to steam the heating element will overheat and turn itself off, or something to that degree.

3) It's like £30. It's CHEAPER THAN A MICROWAVE. And basically all you need is that and a toaster and a set of knives and you have a kitchen.

4) It's easy to use. You just fill it up with water, assemble your magical tower of food and set the timer. The only pain in the ass bit is cleaning all the dissolved meat-water out of it afterwards, but you get that with every appliance.

5) You can cook everything at once. Most of these things come with like 3 or so 'tiers' as seen in the picture.

6) It takes as long as an oven to cook a thing, but without having to pre-heat (yeah ok I said pre-heat).

7) It bloats your food full of delicious minerals and water, which is good for you.

8) While you can get scalded from the hot steam if you are somehow a moron and feel like sticking your hand over the vent or opening the thing while its ON. But other than that, it doesnt constantly try to MURDER YOUR FINGERS like frying pans and ovens.

9) You can cook things straight from frozen. Given a little extra time, but you dont have to go through any other thawing process because the ice it's covered in is WATER and this thing cooks food evenly and with WATER.

10) I have one. So, y'know, it's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment