Tuesday 29 March 2011

STOP BURNING THE RICE CAKES

Mode: 2 Players
Hardware: Pan
Accessories: Orange Fanta


Today we have a shit load of defrosted cheap beef, and I dug out these weird 'rice cake' slices I got from chinatown manc a while back. Have you had these before? I've never even SEEN these before. What the hell are they? Fortunately for me though, they have some barely readable instructions on english to give me some idea of what to do with them. Stir fry, you say? Well you the boss man, engrishy graphic designer dude.


Here we have the beef frying with chopped onion, red pepper, and I decided to add WALNUTS because this is already probably going to be weird as shit, so why not?


After those cook for a while, I add the rice cakes, and add water. But I kept leaving it for a while and almost burning the rice cake things and I start prying them off the bottom of the pan. I got distracted by emails. :#c EVERYTHING SEEMS OKAY THOUGH!!! When they seeming vaguely edible I added some mixture of leftover sauces to flavor. A bit of hoi sin, some sweet chilli, some extra chilli flakes and ground pepper.


Post-Mortem: *** So like, I have no idea if these are supposed to be softer or if they are supposed to be weird and gelatinous. A lot of stuff in asian cuisine seems to be weird and gelatinous for no reason. Like those weird fish things. Overall its pretty nice, though if you ask me, hoi sin sauce, much like sweet and sour sauce gets a bit sickly after a while and you start to feel a slight sense of nauseous regret on your last few mouthfuls. Is that just me? Anyone else get that?

No comments:

Post a Comment