Saturday 6 August 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #49: Pork and Vegetable Soup

Doing this recipe ahead of schedule (but you wont know cause I publish them in order hehhehh) because I managed to source black konnyaku and daikon radish. Get in!!

Chop up!

overpreparedness strikes again! Also spring onions were 5p a bundle at tesco so i cashed in

Chop up!

I have to resist my weird urge to chop my vegs really small. 

Chop up!

They're listed as "mooli" in my local tesco because there's more of an indian influence around here. Same vegetable though!

Cut!

Check this out! its so rubbery and weird. The game didn't show what type of pork or how to prepare it, but I've chopped some pork loin into strips as well.

Saute!

This smells really good.

Stew!

Added water, the last of my white miso paste and soy sauce.

Finish

***
This one was fun to do, simple but it's got ingredients ive never used before! TBH considering how hard it is to find whole konjac/konnyaku like this i don't really think you are missing that much, its kind of a firm flavourless jelly. Similar to korean rice cakes, but a little more like a mouthful of pork fat. OK i made that sound bad but I think its pleasant and inoffensive. My favourite part of the dish was the mooli/daikon radish actually, it absorbed a lot of the pork broth and adds a little crunchy tartness.

No comments:

Post a Comment