Friday 12 August 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #52: Japanese Hamburg Steak

NIHON NO HANBAGU

the japanese don't have handbags

Slice an onion!

the onion thing AGAIN

Slice!

im going to chop it as fine as i can

Chop up!

this seems like too much onion honestly, lets not make one of the mistakes we made last handborg, ill just use half of whats here and store the rest for later

Melt the butter!

bravely trying to snap a photo before it all melts

Saute!

errr i didnt take a photo here so heres another representation of what half the onion looks like but its raw here pretend its not. I decided to fry up all the onions though and split them after. I can sprinkle the rest on some noodles or something mm

Add the ingredients!

So here we are mixing.. half a pack of beef mince (about 350g), egg, breadcrumbs, the fried onions, and a seemingly generous helping of some DARK MISO. I managed to get a jar of red miso. Is that close enough? Its probably close enough.

Knead!

BEEF HANDS PHONE NO BEEF HANDS ON THE PHONE, KEITAI O BAGA SHINAIDE KUDASAI

Make shape!

Last time i undercooked these so im gonna cook them for AGES and not crowd the pan, so in an effort to still be kinda lazy im gonna make 2 giant fuckoff burgers

Pan fry!

fryin

Stew!

So uhh this bits interesting, we gotta make our own japanese style gravy. I'm just going to reuse the pan with all the burger juice. The game doesnt say but apparantly we use dashi stock to start with (with extra hot water) and then we add in sugar, soy sauce, mirin and potato starch(i use cornflour). In my haste i kinda made the cornflour lumpy so I ran it through a sieve at the end and into a pouring jug.

Grate!

We can skip this step because we still have.. SPICY DAIKON PASTE (though not much)

Arrange the plate!

I was GOING to do broccoli as a side but I took too long to make this and it started getting mouldy :#( So instead I still have that cabbage to finish up, I made a simple slaw with cabbage, carrot, coriander, lime juice, sesame and pinakurat (spicy coconut vinegar) and also some sweetcorn.

Finish!

*****

Wow! This one seemed like it was going a bit all over the place, plus my kitchen looked like a bomb hit it. But I cooked it through and i really like the sauce. That is one good hammbourgeoisie.

No comments:

Post a Comment