Sunday 2 October 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #66: Seafood Curry

 Seafood curry! We're now officially in the leftover recipes zone, where there's a load of back to back recipes that are variants of other recipes. Fortunately its only two in a row tops so it'll be alright. Let's power through!

Peel the shrimp!

No peeling! No prepping! I thought it would be safe to mix this one up a bit and use up a weird seafood mix that I dont remember why I bought. Its got squid and prawns, but also some mussel and clam meat which I figure will go just as well in a mixed seafood curry.

Cut the squid!

Let's pop this bad baby open and have a closer look. Yep, I see food.

Slice up

We're not wanting for onion, I had a leftover onion half from something else so we've got 1.5 onions, but its probably a good idea since there's no other veg in this one!

Saute!

Given the onions a headstart frying them for a while before adding the seafood, since it looks pre-cooked.

Measure and add!

Just doing a half-portion of curry again for this one. I think that's for the best, don't you?

Stew!

Roux goes in, and we let it do its magic again. 

Finish!

***

Damn i do love making these curries! This is my least favourite one though, since the oceany flavour it adds is just alright, and there's only onion besides that. Not even potatoes! Still, you could put damn near anything in this curry and make it a satisfying meal for mad little effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment