Saturday 8 October 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #69: Crab Fried Rice

 weyyy 69. WEYYY CRAB FRIDERICE

Slice an onion!

THE NAME'S CRAB. CRAB FRIDERICE.

Slice!

You know the drill with dicing onion.

Chop up!

Half for this recipe and half for another fried rice recipe later...

Break an egg!

egged on

Mix!

RICE I PREPPED EARLIER!! I've also drizzled it with sunflower oil because mama doesnt say anything about making the rice but i STRONGLE FEEL fried rice is supposed to have oil in it

Slice up!

No can do! We don't have a whole crab, what we have is frozen leftovers from a tin of crab meat.

Remove crab meat!

Not quite as thrilling as big juicy crab slices but it will have to do!

Melt the lard!

I'm just using butter, close nuff

Saute!

Frying the onion and crab meat.

Saute!

I reckon I was right to add the oil, this is looking good! We also add salt, pepper and soy sauce here.

Finish!

****

Perfect fried rice! To my surprise you could still taste the crab amid the onion and oily fried stuff. I think if you added sesame oil and msg itd probably taste just like chinese takeout fried rice! That said, much like with a proper egg fried rice, its just begging for a sticky sweet sauce with chunky stir fry to be ladled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment