Saturday 22 October 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge: Complete!

 We've done it! All 75 recipes. Using the in-game instructions. Some good, some a little embarrassing. I had a great time.


Things I learned:

- How to make a mean hamburger/meatball sauce
- That I needed a mini deep fryer in my life!
- When in doubt, always pre-cook your bacon!!
- Mama doesn't like garlic
- Mama LOVES ketchup
- Mama just assumes you always have some cooked rice and dashi stock to hand.
- You need a special rice and even specialer equipment for making mochi, and its not worth the hassle.
- How to dice onions... over and over.. and over again...

Total Ratings:

*            x 1
**          x 9
***        x 19
****      x 32
*****    x 14

Average score: 3.65


Favourite Recipe:

#24 Meatballs
The best of cooking mama's skill set, this has got mince, flour coating, deep frying, and dashi based sauce! It ended up a little less complicated than it seemed, and a delicious unique variant of meatball I've never had before that I'd definitely do again.


Least Favourite Recipe:

#51 Shrimp Gyoza
This one was really on me, I think I used the wrong type of gyoza wrappers, steamed them too long... but mamas not about giving me that sort of information. Also even in its melted state, it just wasn't all that flavour-wise.




Special thanks:
Special thanks to the following resources:

Fandom Cooking Mama Wiki
Aromie Youtube Channel
Tobi who has volunteered to compute the scores in spreadsheet forever.
My lovely family who helped with several recipes!

And that about wraps it up I suppose! I'm enjoying this so I've already lined up the next game challenge. Look forward to that reeeal sooon.

No comments:

Post a Comment