Wednesday 17 August 2011

Hamster Cupcakes

Mode: Party Game!
Hardware: Mini Cupcake Oven.
Accessories: Maroon Amazon's birthday movie and dinner party.

Our favourite Yorkshire heroine is having a birth-anniversary, and in the single hour between work and going to her house, I decided to see if I could sneak in some surprise cupcakes!


I started with your basic fairy cake batter: (1/3 cup each of self-raising flour, butter, sugar, 1 egg) and used a tablespoon of rose flavoured syrup for the flavouring. This also would turn it a delightful pink colour... infact... its actually the EXACT COLOUR AND CONSISTANCY OF THAT SLIME FROM GHOSTBUSTERS 2.


'Why am I drippings with goo?'


Now, I don't have time to let these things cool and add a proper layer of icing. But hamsters being fluffy and unpredictable, this will work out ok. I used some candy citrus wedges for the ears, some chocolate writing-icing and some little sugar hearts for the nose. Awwwwwww.


Post-mortem: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

1 comment: