Friday 5 August 2011

Salmon Potato Salad

Mode: 2 player
Hardware: Pan, Oven
Accessories: Sake I guess? I just had some fruit cordial.

This is a slightly half-assed version of one of my favourite recipes that my dad gave me. It's great for those terrible kinds of people we all know who are like 'I don't really like fish... it tastes too fishy..' because it doesn't taste fishy at all, it tastes all creamy and potatoey even though its still got meat and vegetables.


So it starts with me putting some potatoes to boil for about half an hour, and then watching the simpsons while I slooowly do the other stuff. I take the salmon fillets, butterfly them and add salt and pepper seasoning to them. Then I slice the spring onion and carrot and I was also going to do cucumber, but I forgot it when I was at the shops. Let's just pretend it's there. Then I added a generous amount of mayonnaise, some more salt and pepper, and a splash of lemon juice. You can use half a lemon wedge if you have one, but I don't I just have lemon juice. Then I mix that all together gently without mushing any of the vegetables up.


When the potatoes are done, I cut a large-ish square of tin foil, and spread some soy butter on it. I put the seasoned raw salmon, potatoes, and mixed mayo-vegetables all together, close up the package and put it in the oven for 20 minutes.


Post-mortem: ***** As I said, I really like this recipe. You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment