Wednesday 1 June 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #22: Chicken in tomato sauce

This one seems really straightforward. Chickeny and saucy.

Slice up!

Chopping these onions up quite chunky this time.

Slice up!

and the chicken thighs just into 6 or so big pieces

Saute!

cooking the chicken and onion in a pan 

Stew!

Adding a can of chopped tomatoes, a big splash of white wine and a bay leaf as we leave it to stew. I'm hungry though so I don't leave it to stew for that long. Would probably be even better left for hours in a slow cooker. 

Finish!

**

I quickly cooked up some couscous to go with this (its underneath) to spread this into more meals. But eh. yeh. it's just okay. Just tastes like chicken, onions and tomatoes. A little watery. I guess i really should have given it more stewing time, but even then.. I think it's just kind of a plain dish, especially since there's no garlic or chicken stock or herbs or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment