Thursday 16 June 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #29: Chinese Sauteed Beef and Peppers

 Nice day for a stirred fry!!

Chop up!

Found a green pepper this time! recipe only showed about half a pepper. Guess I may as well, ill save the rest for later.

Slice up!

Got the leftover frozen shoots I stuffed in the freezer actually. Probably should have defrosted these in advance lol oop

Chop up!

Yeah I guess ill just defrost these on low heat for a lil bit while i do the other stuff. Added a tiny bit of sunflower + sesame oil in the pan because I want to.

Make sauce!

Oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, "potato starch" (im using cornstarch) and "cooking alcohol" im using shaoxing rice wine.

Cut!

I bought cubed beef instead of beef steak or strips but whatever.

Mix!

I think this is probably supposed to be left to marinate but the game didn't say that so im not doing it.

Saute!

Oh this smells so good.

Finish!

*****

Really good! Had it with rice. Bitterness of the green pepper is balanced well with all the rich meaty flavours. Nice & easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment