Sunday 26 June 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #34: Seasoned Beef with Potatoes

Japanese take on a beef stew. 

Peel!

I'm doubling up on the ingredients so that I can make a good amount of leftovers for later.

Slice up!

Chopping up into good stew-sized chunks.

Chop up!

Just halfing them and chopping them vertically so you get nice chunks.

Chop up!

I already have some chopped carrot stored in the freezer, so heres the beef as well. The game straight up didnt show the beef preparation, but I bought steak medallions and sliced them up quite thin as the meat looks all thin and wiggly when cooked in the game.

Saute!

Crowding the pan? whats that?

Remove foam!

Remember to use wooden or silicone utensils on non-stick pans! Unless you're me, im allowed to ruin my own pans. Nah but seriously im just skimming and not scraping against the sides so its fine.

Stew!

While stewing we add mirin, soy sauce, cooking sake and sugar. Left this to stew for about an hour.

Finish!

****

Nice! Not so different from a british beef stew if im honest. Maybe a little hint more sourness? but it's meaty, salty, n' well balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment