Wednesday 22 June 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #32: Fried Prawn

Ain't ever find big prawns over here so I thought id be a fancy bitch and buy some langoustines when I saw them.

Peel the shrimp!

Oh my god peeling these is SO HARD!!! They're tougher than prawns and they're absolutely covered in sharp thorns. Feels like a waste to bin the claws so i might try and cook them up separately, make some sort of shrimp stock? idk.

Coat various foods!

Coating them in flour and then egg.

Roll in the coating!

Trying to skimp on dishes so its a lil chaotic.

Deep Fry!

oops I knew i forgot something! These cooked so fast while I was tidying up. You'll just have to wait and see...

Arrange the plate!

One of the arrangement options is a bit of shredded cabbage, so I thought id just lean in hard on that and get this nice salad that will pair well.

Finish!

*****

OK so they're still not as big as Mama's colossal godzilla prawns. Seriously, where's she been fishing? Pangaea? But anyway these were soooo nice wow! Perfectly crispy, with impressively fresh juicy rich flavour. I had them with some gyoza dip i had leftover from some other ready-meal. Maybe this would have been about as good with some cheaper prawns, but I have no regrets these were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment