Saturday 18 June 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #30: Pork Saute

This one seems pretty similar to the steak dish, but with some different flavours to mix it up. Bought some pork loin steaks again, those always seem to work well.

Remove tendon!

Still don't know what this is about I think they de-tendonize the meat I buy already. Not even going to trim the fat on these cause I think that'll fry well.

Tenderize the meat!

getttt bomked on

Add some flavoring!

Time for some nonspecified "flavouring" again! Even the wiki page doesn't hazard a guess to what mama uses, so i'm just gonna pick out a nice spice mix. I've gone with this Mozambique ginger & chilli mix!

Coat!

Unlike the steaks we also dust these in flour. Which I believe gives them sexual powers.

Pan-fry!

Added some sneaky off-recipe butter to fry these in. And then not sneaky white wine which is in the recipe.

Arrange the dish!

Got some cabbage salad and some sweetcorn for the sides.

Finish!

****

Good stuff! Everything looks kinda small and sad on my hugeass plate but I just have hugeass plates. Nicely cooked, nice seasoning... simple but no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment