Thursday 9 June 2022

Cooking Mama's Cooking Challenge #26: Grilled Mackerel

This recipe seems pretty basic so I did it at the same time as the fried rice recipe and had them together.

Grate!

Since I only need a bit of daikon/mooli radish here I thought i'd grab this instead when I saw it! It's grated radish with extra seasonings and it'll keep in the fridge for longer.

Grill with charcoal!

I don't have a charcoal barbecue or even a garden so I'm just using the grill. I also decided to score it and add a little bit of chilli oil. Cooked it for about 25 mins till the skin looked crispy and brown.

Finish!

****

Wow I liked this more than I expected! I'm not always in the mood for mackerel, but its so different from white fish, way more rich and meaty, its really worth trying if you haven't. And the grated radish paired so well with it. Picking fish bones out of your meal is a bit of a pain though.

No comments:

Post a Comment